9.11.2010

~~~perfect peace~~~


Last weekend Clinton and I decided to take a spur-of-the-moment fishing "date" to the delta... there was a free afternoon of no harvesting, my mom so willingly took Emma to her house, the boat was open, so off we went! I packed up a picnic dinner and we were set :) It was so peaceful - and all week I have been thinking of the peace that Christ offers us every day. Not just the not-busy, on-vacation, no-children-along days - but every day. So many verses have ran through my mind this past week about the peace that has been promised (yes, promised!) to God's children, and I've resolved to reach out and allow Jesus to fill every moment with His peace - even in the midst of busyness.



"Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee." Isa. 26:3


"The Lord will give strength to His people: the Lord will bless His people with peace." Ps. 29:11


"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." Jn. 14:27


1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said, Kelley. I needed to be reminded of this today. Thanks so much for posting this. :)

    ReplyDelete